Memory: 1.5 megabytes.
Audio Outs: 8
Audio Ins: 1
Sample Rates: 15 KHz, 12-bit; 30 KHz, 12-bit.
Floppy Disk: 720 KB
- Once loaded, Press these buttons in this sequential order:
FUNC -> MENU -> [down arrow] -> EXECUTE -> MENU -> 0 -> DEC/NO
- The video monitor now shows "Hacker Mode"
- Press UTILITY, then press MENU to load the new utility menu from disk.
- Click on or cursor over to "THE TEST" and hit ENTER.
- Now you have all the test mode stuff.
- Supposedly in the HACKER mode, the S550 will support standard dump
format (SDX) sound files.
Monitor Connection Pinout
The S-550 uses an 8-pin DIN connector. Although it is similar to the Commodore Amiga video connector, it has a different pinout.
Facing the female connector, if you start numbering clockwise starting with 1 at the 12 o'clock position, the pinout is as follows:
3: +5V Output
4: Horizontal Sync
6: Vertical Sync
7: No Connection
The sdisk utility is needed to copy the S-550 firmware to a floppy disk. Instructions are included in the zip file.
Year Released: 1987
Polyphony: 16 notes
Multitimbral: 16 parts
Screen: 16-character LCD
Power Consumption: 32 watts
Dimensions: 482 mm x 400 mm x 88 mm
Weight: 7.7 kg
This is a 2-space rack unit.